This necklace is my original design and was first created in February of 2014. It is hand-crafted from polymer clay, with no molds and embellished with genuine “Fern” and “Crysolite” colored Swarovski crystals! The necklace comes on a ball chain that comes in any size up to 18 inches. Unspecified orders will receive 16 inch chain, in seller’s choice of color (chain can be cut to size with scissors). Color choices are:
• Solid aluminum (silver color) – lightweight and won’t tarnish or change color.
• Black enamel coated carbon steel – durable coating, but will fade over time, but reveals a nice, shiny, silver steel color.
BLACK BALL CHAIN CARE INSTRUCTIONS (taken from website): Enamel/Epoxy Finish Guidelines
These are the guidelines that should be observed in order to enjoy enameled beaded chain and maintain its luster as a jewelry article.
- Extended wear and prolonged exposure to some materials may have an adverse affect on the enameling.
- It is important to remember that the enamel coating can be cracked or scratched with abusive measures.
- As a decorative element in jewelry, enameled beaded chain is designed to withstand normal wear. It is not designed, however, to withstand around the clock wear for an extended period of time, nor is it designed to be worn while bathing.
- Repeated exposure to soapy water, seawater, some tanning preparations and some lacquer-based hair sprays will eventually undermine the enamel. A day at the beach with the salt water, tanning oil and sand would not be good for this product.
- Constant wear also increases the chances of scraping, running the risk of damaging the finish.
- In rare instances, extreme skin pH values (alkaline or acidic) can impact the enamel.
The ball chain is manufactured in the USA by Ball Chain Manufacturing. BCM is a certified green company and was established in 1938!
If you would like different colors of crystals, please message me before purchasing, to see what colors are available.